28/08/2015

Ombre Lips


Hola! After my previous post on Barcelona and what it's like to spend a lot of time there I thought i'd post how it's changed my Fashion sense. When I first arrived in February my friend and I were very influenced by London styles, dark hues, skinny jeans and long sweeping coats. For the first few months this was fine, in my opinion it was still quite chilly (but i think i just feel the cold a bit more than most) But as it gradually started to get warmer, we were reluctantly stripping back the layers as summer blasted in almost over night.
  Waterproof makeup is a must, purely because being out in the mid day sun is going to make you sweat it off, i don't often wear much due to this reason, it's really cleared my skin up wearing less and favouring the natural look. Although going out at night is when you'll appreciate the waterproof makeup, Going to clubs and bars i rarely re-apply, i've found a great Italian shop called Flormar, which i've found is slowly accumulating in my make-up bag. I use their concealer, foundation and lipliners, but not necessarily in the usual way.
I bought a very very dark foundation for the purposes of contouring, it stays very well and adds a warmth, i was struggling to find a bronzer which was dark enough for my skin so It's the first time i've used a foundation instead, it works really well and i've fallen in love with using a beauty blender sponge, those little things are magical. Used with the concealer (which doesn't go dusty or highlight under eye creases)  they create a great combination of shadows and highlights.

I accidentally bought the lipliners thinking they were more nude, but having caught the sun a lot the colours look different on my skin tone, Not like thats an excuse, I picked up purple and a lighter shade. I seem to prefer using them as all over lip sticks/stains now instead of just liners,  Using the darker shade I've lined my lips, with a lip brush i've swept it in for full coverage just leaving a little on the insides to create a gradient, with the lighter shade i dabbed a little in the centre of my lips and used my fingers to pat and smudge it out slightly, if it isn't as light as you want I have added a dab of concealer, although be careful as it can be very bright.
I really have to recommend their false eye lashes, I bought the "Magnificent Eyelash extensions" they are so natural and not too long, I really hate false lashes which look fake, I wanted something that i could get away with wearing in the day if i was attending a meeting, etc, and these are perfect, i trimmed them a little on the edges and the glue holds really well. I've had a lot of compliments about them. 

I think my style has changed here, i wear brighter and lighter colours, I wear more skirts and dresses, I'm glad the weather has pushed me out of my comfort zone.

And thats it! Have you been makeup shopping in Spain? Are there any Brands you'd recommend?






4 comments:

  1. This look is absolutely gorgeous & suits you so well x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and looks so natural :)
    xoxo,

    Johanna.
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am expecting more interesting topics from you. And this was nice content and definitely it will be useful for many people.
    Buy Beautiful Lashes Dubai

    ReplyDelete